New accessibility standards
For the first time in years, vastly new and different accessibility standards will become law on March 15, 2012. Are you ready for the new laws?
Below, please find information that might help you understand and use the new standards in your designs.
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) Architectural Barriers home page.
- The new Texas Accessibility Standards (TAS), in effect March 15, 2012.
- A valuable town hall meeting presentation (video) by TDLR staff regarding the new TAS. The Q and A session after the PowerPoint may prove particularly helpful. (Download Real Player to view the video.)
- PDF of the PowerPoint presentation above.
- Dates for the Texas Accessibility Academy. (seats appear to be going fast)
- Does your project need to comply with new 2012 TAS, or old 1994 TAS? Find out with this helpful table (PDF).
- Current ADA standards from the U.S. Department of Justice